You know that feeling when you are sitting at your desk or putting your feet up at home, and you realize it seems cold, but it’s Southern California so it should not feel that way. You’ve turned the heater on for those chilly mornings when the sun is still sleeping, but it never seems to get any warmer.
These are signs that you may need a heating repair service specialist or, at the very worst, could be in the market for a new heating installation project. There is some basic troubleshooting you can do to determine if your future holds a heating repair or new heating installation.
Heating Repair Troubleshooting
Heating units are complex appliances that can fall victim to dozens of issues and problems. Here are some of the most common heating repair problems to consider when you realize you have a poorly performing heater that is costing you money but not delivering the heat:
- Maintenance breakdown: Like most things in life, if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it, or, in this case, don’t worry about maintenance because it is still working. In actual practice, it pays to be proactive because it is the lack of regular maintenance upkeep that can lead to heating repair or, if it goes without care and attention for a long time, even heating installation. It is recommended that you conduct seasonal maintenance tasks and call in a heating repair specialist for an annual maintenance check-up.
- Dirt and debris: Filters tend to collect all the dirt and debris in the air, so when these are not cleaned, they clog up and restrict the airflow that is necessary for a heating unit to provide circulating warm air. Imagine your heating unit going without filter cleans like a heart whose valves are full of cholesterol build up. Over time, it will take more and more to do the same work, leading to a breakdown. That’s right, your heating unit can go into cardiac arrest just for not keeping it healthy.
- Normal wear and tear: Not everything has been built to last forever, and a heating unit is full of all types of mechanical parts that may get tired and decide to retire early. These mechanical parts can include things like bearings and belts that stop working and then lead to other issues, such as overheating or a lack of warm airflow.
- Pilot problems: Like the wear and tear listed above, another mechanical aspect of a heating unit that often requires repair is the pilot or ignition control. This heating problem could cause your heating unit to work intermittently or not at all.
- Thermostat issues: Sometimes it is your thermostat that develops control issues and does not allow your heating unit to work. That is because it may not be relaying the right information necessary for your heater to produce heat or is doing so intermittently so your comfort level plummets.
The Go-To Heater Repair and Heater Installation Specialists
The Integrity Comfort Systems team specializes in heater repair and heater installation for commercial clients and residential customers throughout Santa Clarita, San Fernando Valley, and Simi Valley and including cities, such as Woodland Hills, Chatsworth, Canoga Park, Granada Hills, Northridge, Reseda, Van Nuys, Winnetka, Burbank, Studio City, Tarzana and West Hills. We’re here to keep your heaters running as efficiently as possible. Contact us now!